20 September 2009

Bakersfield Divisional

It was a last minute decision that we made to go to Bakersfield. It is one of mine and Glenn's favorite tracks...even though we could do without that wonderful stench that sneaks up on you in the middle of the night! And no, Glenn didn't eat beans before he went to bed, I promise!
So, Glenn raced and he did pretty good considering that he hasn't been in the car for over a year.
He made it to second round.
We saw a lot of our friends and made a few new ones, which is always fun to do. I learned that Capt. Morgan and Dr. Pepper go really good together!
I did do some work for Drag Race Girl! It wasn't all fun and racing you know. I made bows out of red, white, and blue ribbons and went around and asked for $1 donation to help me with the goody bags for the kids. Well to my surprise, the racers and crew members that I had a chance to talk too, really stood behind me on this endeavor. I raised a little over $50 and that will help me do approximately 60-70 bags for the kids. As you know, I have a show for March ARB on October 3rd, there is going to be approximately 300 kids. So, every little bit helps!
I also received a dozen t-shirts from TD racer Paul Gladden with a promise to send me about 40 more. These will help with my teen goody bags and my single soldier goody bags.
One more friend , Mike English, sent me about 20 Chevrolet hats! Those are going to go great in my single soldier bags too!
For those of you who had the chance to get one of the ribbons, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
For those of you whom I didn't get the chance to talk to....I'll see you in Vegas and I will be stocked to the gills with ribbons!
Well, that's enough from me for now....Take Care, Stay Safe, and I'll see you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment