25 November 2009

Camp Pendleton Harvest Fest and a little extra!

We met Dar and her husband "Bear" at the storage yard around 9 a.m. We hooked up the truck to the trailer and hit the 5 south. We arrived at the Entry gate and were expecting to be thoroughly checked out...it is a 48' trailer - we could have had all kinds of bad stuff in there! But all they did was check Glenn's license and let us through! I guess they thought if we were bad guys..we WERE on a Marine Corps base! HOORAH!
We arrived at our show site, which was in front of the enlisted 1/5 barracks. We got the car unloaded along with all the goodies for the kids and troops. Then Glenn and I had to find a spot to park the truck and trailer - FUN!!! No, really it was! We had to park about 3 blocks away in an open parking lot. So......to get back to the party, we unloaded the ATV and prayed the whole way back that we wouldn't run into any MP's! Apparently we got really lucky because I'm here writing the blog! : )
I want to make a quick apology about there being no pictures this time...my computer is not feeling very well right now! But, I will be posting them on my facebook page at www.facebook.com/drgracegrl
Back to the show...we put the car in place and set up the EZ-UP. We put out the table and put the goody bags on top. Then everyone started to show up! They started the show with a prayer for the troops and their safe return, then we did the National Anthem! And at the end of it I started up the car up and got everyone in the spirit of the show!
We had such a great response from everyone at the show. We had kids that were a few months old up to teenagers either sitting in the car or standng beside it. We had a few moms come by and say they want to drive the car not just sit in it! I always get a kick out of that response.
I do need and want to send out a couple of special thank you's to the following people....
Juan, Cecilia,and Mrs. Lacroix - without you guys the show wouldn't have happened!
Juan - thanks for the coin, it's going in the car and going racing with me next year!
Kendall, Kim, Rita, Karen and the rest of the ladies from the American Legion Auxiliary Post 291 - What a wonderful job you guys did with the pictures and the bean bag toss and all the other things I'm sure you helped out with!
Kim and Kendall - Thanks for the use of the printer, even though I was causing it heartache!
Well, I'm going to close for now....To all my family and friends HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Take care and I'll see you at the races (next year)!

No comments:

Post a Comment