20 July 2009

Surffest '09

Well, another GREAT show has come and gone! The day started at 5:00 a.m., for those of you who know me KNOWS that I am not too much of a morning person...lol!!! But I got up had some Coca-Cola and got a move on!! Glenn threw out his back and had a cold, but he was a trooper and got up and helped me out. We went to the storage yard and picked up the trailer. We made it to the American Legion around 7:30. We blocked the main street with our 48' trailer, unloaded the car and pushed her to the place where she would be shown. I left with Glenn and dropped the trailer back off at the storage yard, then brought Glenn home and left him back in bed to get better.
I was back at the Legion by 9:00 and already tired!!! Luckily, the voluteers there set up my little EZ UP for me, boy they were a God send! So, I started getting the dragster all cleaned up and getting myself together to meet the masses. And there were definitely some masses!
I met so many great people, as I usually do, at this show. I even met some "Southern Boy" Marines. One was from Kentucky and I think the other was from Tennessee! Boy if I got that wrong - I'm in trouble!!! I met this one gentleman who is a videographer and has a website that is pretty cool: www.postyourmusic.com there is a picture on the web site of him sitting in my dragster! The rest of the show was comprised of a chili cook off and a Woody car show.
I had one lady(who owned a woody) come up and and ask where the wood was on the dragster! I told her it flew off when I went down the track last time....she was laughing!!
The most attention I got was when I started the car up! That was the fun part!!!! It stopped everyone in their tracks - I think I scared a couple of people too! I warmed the dragster up a little then I would RAP the motor up to about 3500 RPM so it would vibrate the people standing around me. The Smiles I saw after that were wonderful! That's what makes what Glenn and I do GREAT! Well, the show went on till 10 p.m. and I was one tired Drag Race Girl!
Thank you sooo much to the American Legion Post #291 for inviting me and thank you to all the people who donated money to have your pics taken in the car!
Well, as always, STAY SAFE and I will see you at the races!!! Remember to check back regularly to see the pictures that will be posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment