30 August 2009

The American Legion Provide A Ride Event

Yesterday was a heart touching day! There were these BIG burly bikers who took these visually impaired people on a ride! Who ever said bikers don't have a heart, didn't know these guys! I think the official count of bikes was 120 - but to the city of Newport it was only 99!!!!
Check out the video......



I met a lot of interesting people, as always! I had one lady in particular that impressed me. She was blind and she rode on the back of one of the harleys! "What a Rush" she said, she also said she wished it were a longer ride! We both laughed!

They raffled off a 2009 Harley Street Glide....I wish I would have won it! I miss my bike! The person who did win, wasn't even present!

I met some new people from other American Legion posts. Hopefully I'll be working with them to bring the dragster to their events! One said they work with March AFB....That would be fun! I wonder who would win in the 1/4 mile....ME or an F-16? I know the F-16 would win, but a girl can dream can't she!! I also met "Disco", he's from the Harley shop in Fullerton...might be doing a show with them! And of course, I can't thank the following people ENOUGH: Dar and Bear, Glenn, Bruce, The Martins, The Ellings, Kendall, Dennis, OMG I can't list'em all! I'm gonna run out of space! But especially to everyone that supported the event THANK YOU!

Well, I'm out of here! Stay safe, and I'll see you at the races or the next show...whichever comes first!



Here are a few more pics from the event:



No comments:

Post a Comment