02 May 2009

The Start of a New Adventure

Well, this is the start of hopefully a long time of sharing my experiences with the military, their families, kids, and just the general public. On May 11th Glenn, Brodie and I will hit the road with our 1 ton dodge, 48 foot trailer, and the race car! We will be heading to Houston, TX to race a divisional, then it's on to Ft. Sill, OK to show the race car to the troops and their families. That is going to be one of the best days of my life! I have a lot of people to thank for it too! My baby sister, Melissa, is the one who has pulled it together for me! Once we got the clearance to come on post, I jumped into action! I spoke with a friend of mine, Tim, who introduced me to Tom with Lucas oil. Lucas oil has donated some goodies for the troops! Then I spoke with Steve from K&N filters and they donated some goodies too! Then it just started snowballing from there! Madrid motorsports helped me with the vinyl wrap design on the race car as you see below. Then Gloria helped me with some coupons from Taco Bell, Kevin with Hughes donated some hats, Sand Construction donated some money for the car, CHP donated some stickers for the kids, ARS fuels from Long Beach donated some stickers, The Fischles donated my Hero Cards, Marty with Miller-Leaman made a nice donation for the vinyl wrap, and Dan and Kay Brown, my Nebraska friends, made an unforgettable donation to the trip! Oh the list goes on and on! I can't thank everyone enough!!!!!

Then it's on to Topeka, KS for the national event. We were there last year - what a great track and GREAT fans! It was so cool to see all the people camping just outside the track - what a cool way to be involved with the races! I hope to do better there this year though! I did make it to second round - but I really want a WALLY! : )

After that, we will head back to California. Back to the ocean and the waves and the beautiful sunsets! Just back home!

I hope that we can continue to show the car and bring lots of smiles to everyone. I will keep everyone posted as we travel through the States and all of our stops!

Take care!

3 comments:

  1. Go get 'um Sissy! Hope we can go with you next year. Looking forward to se Wally added to our team!!!! This will help to make Mallard Motor Sports Team something to be feared.
    Love you - drive save both on the road and on the track. We'll get together when you get home. Hugs to Brodie too. Roro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck sissy:) I love ya and you will and have always had my support. I always will be proud of you and everything you do. Maybe after our move we can set something up with our end the navy for randy's boat. i'm sure we can easily. Take care and be safe out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Cuz, You amaze me with your adventures. You Rock Girl..... You have a cute little dog, love his face.....Love ya Your cuz Linda

    ReplyDelete