14 May 2009

Travel Update


Howdy from Gallup, NM!!! I know, I know.....we were suppose to be in Flagstaff for 2 nites fishing, camping, relaxing - YEAH RIGHT!!!! We stopped in Williams, AZ to have dinner last night at a great steakhouse called Rod's Steakhouse. While we were there, we met some bikers who just happen to be Veterans. Well, come to find out, they are on their way to Washington, D.C for "Run for the Wall"!!!! So, being the shy person that I am, I told them what I was up too and they told me that they were all meeting in Gallup, NM on Thursday. So, Glenn and I hit the road first thing this morning and now we are here. There must be 1000 bikers in this small town! We pulled into All American campground and parked the beast. With "beast", I mean our 48' trailer in which we haul our dragster and it has living quarters too. With Brodie freshly walked and the AC on, we left him in the trailer and headed to town. We found out where the bikers gathered. Once there I met Mr. Hunt, you guessed it, he's a vet. He was part of the 11th Calv. Anyway, I asked him who I would have to talk to in order to display the car at such an event. Unfortunately, I ran out of time and was not able to do it! BUT, next year we plan on being here early so we can!
Glenn and I opted to come back to the trailer after a short pit stop at the grocery store. Once we got back, there were some vets that had come in and were setting up there tents. Well, once again I went and introduced myself and told them of my mission. I invited them all to come and check out the car. I have some great pictures of the occasion. With that said, I am going to take care of this sinus issue with some cold medicine and go to bed!
Take care, ride safe, and I will fill you in again in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment