31 May 2009

Practicing my Wally Pose

Well, the little devil eluded me again this weekend! All the way to Heartland Park I was practicing my Wally pose!! You know the one where you pretend to hold it over your head with a big smile and a thumbs up....Yeah, Glenn thought I was losing it too! During time trials on Friday I was in the zone!!! I had a .410 light in the left lane and a .411 light in the right lane, the car was a little slow on the first pass, then Glenn had her dialed with an 8.889 on the second pass. We were very happy with that! Saturday at about 5:oo was 1st round! I had a .407 to my opponents .415 and we both ran 8.906 at the finish. My win light came on!!! WWWOOOO that's a great feeling! Then about an hour later was 2nd round. I had a .415 to my opponent's .420, he went 8.918 to my losing 8.924....my win light didn't come on!!! YUK, that's NOT a good feeling! I got the time slip and I looked ( I shouldn't have!), I lost by 16 ten thousandths of a second! No biggy! I'll keep practing my Wally pose and one day..... He'll be mine!!!!!
On to some other fun stuff............We had quite a few people turn up for us in Topeka. Glenn's dad and stepmom, Jeannie, Glenn's cousin Doug, Glenn's long time friend Terry and his 2 sons Tom and Tim (great crew!)and Terry's friend Gil, and of course Kay and Dan.

It was a great weekend at Heartland Park. The place was packed with fans inside and outside the park. It was sooo cool to see all the tents and campers and flags and campfires. I think Topekans know how to RACE!

We'll be back next year and I am coming home with Wally!

We did receive some bad news from Kay and Dan...their oldest dog,Wyatt, had to be put to sleep this weekend. He was a german short hair and he was 13! Cool bird dog!!!!!
Before the weekend started, we went out to Glenn's cousins place and went fishing a couple of times, then went over to Glenn's 95 year old aunt's house for dinner a couple of nites. Don't let that age fool ya, she can kick all our butt's and keep on smiling about it too!
Glenn's mom just flew in today, she's going to ride back with us to California. We will end up in Fontana, California for our Socal Supercomp Association race. Can't wait to see all our friends and be back home in Cali!
Well, I'm going to sign off for now so TAKE CARE, and I'll see ya at the races!!!





1 comment:

  1. Did I forget to mention....that you are really doin a good job with this blog and I hope you can keep it up! Thanks for giving us a good reason to travel to these races! We love you! (Mr. Glenn too!)Travel Safe.........mskay

    ReplyDelete