04 June 2009

We are home for a day!


Wow, how wonderful it feels to be back in Corona Del Mar after 3 weeks on the road!!!! The trip was wonderful! The people we met, the smiles we saw, our family we hung out with, and all the beautiful sites this country has to offer was awsome. We only had 2 pains, one in New Mexico and one in Kingman, AZ. In NM, they pulled us over for not going through the scales. Well, we aren't commercial, we are private. Then, the cop tried to tell us that everything in the trailer had to be registered, Glenn looked at him like he was crazy! Glenn told him that if we took the dragster to the dmv to register it they would kick us out on our butts! Needless to say, the cop didn't have a foot to stand on so he let us go with a "Warning". And in Kingman, OMG! The hotel we stayed at SUCKED!!!! Home of the sticky carpets! I'm not sure, but I think we rented a room from Osama Bin Laden. We could have stayed at the truck stop and got better sleep. It was just off Andy Devine Blvd in Kingman, I think it was a travelodge. (I'm trying to put the name out of my memory) Anyway, that's enough about that!
Now tomorrow, we will be headed out to Fontana, CA for our Southern California Super Comp Assoc. race this weekend. I think Glenn is going to race one day and I will race the other. We can't wait to see everyone! Rob and Rosemary, Jack and Jeff Derencin, The Fischle's, The Madrid's, and the whole association! Maybe.....I'll come home with a s/c association win!

As I'm writing this blog I looked out my window and Kenny Bernstein is taking a rest on my lawn. I'm thinking the flying all the way back from Topeka must have been hard on his arms! LOL(I know...old joke!) For those of you who don't know, he and Cheryl (his wife) live about 4 houses down from us. It's great to be back home!
Take care and I'll see you at the races!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're home for a day, and then not too far from home this weekend. Tell everybody hi for us....Hope you rock the track this weekend. Yep...that flyin is hard work! He was out there with them ducks!!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete