08 June 2009

Fontana and the Socal SuperComp Assoc

We were at Fontana this past weekend to see all of our friends and do some racing. Or, as Glenn calls it "Camping with a little racing in between".
Saturday, not so good on the racing scene, but great on the friends and camping part! Rob and Rosemary Flory, who are our very good friends, were out there with their daughter, Stephanie, and her best friend (nickname) Bubbles.
During the qualifying runs we just couldn't get our stuff together! So, I lost 1st round - BLAH!!!!
Saturday night we had tacos, burrito's, and homemade ice cream!
After a good nite's sleep, we got up and started with a new attitude! Made our one qualifying run and then waited for first round. I had Mandy Quigley and the right lane. It was a very good race and I got the win light.
Then we waited for 2nd round. We found out that I had to go up against Rob! Yep, our bestest racing buddy ever! So, he took the right lane and I took the left. I think Rob had a .423 lite to my .407 lite (WHEW) he went 8.897 and I was 8.906 IT WAS CLOSE!!!! I got the win lite again.
Then 3rd round came up and I was paired with Val Jr. We staged the cars and I blinked!!!!!
GGGGRRRRR.....yep, I was way late on the lite!!! Val got the win lite!
One of these days I'm gonna win! I just know it!
ONTO other news, Glenn and I are taking the car to the Elementary School tomorrow to show about 60 kids. With Rosemary's, Steph's and Bubbles help, we put together some goody bags for the kids. It's going to be a fun time! I can't wait.
Well, That's all for now. Take Care and I'll see you at the races!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment